Along Comes Frazier

We weren't looking for another cat. We were at the Theoretically Ideal Cat Number: three. And then, as it's happened so many times before, serendipity blew through and introduced a little gentleman who needed a home -- our home.

So, friends, we present Frazier. He's a noble successor to Willie, Sarah, Bill, and Muko. And a fine housemate for Smoky, Jimmy, and Lily. He's whispering about the adventure that's taking him from Rescue Kid to Prince of Relaxation. (I'm listening and transcribing.)

Hope you enjoy...


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Multi-Tasking Baskets


My horizons keep expanding. The toy basket is great fun, but it wears me out. I've had to add another to my routine: The Basket of Rest. It's centrally located, yet off the beaten path -- on the living room floor (so I can watch the peeps go by and follow some TV), but under the table (so I can stay below the radar).

Maybe Jimmy will decide to occupy the basket next door. He likes sleeping next to me when I'm asleep. When I wake up, though, I can't help but be mesmerized by his tail. I watch it, then I tap it with my paws, and then I chew on it. Jimmy rolls over and says, "Do you have to?" Since I really do have to, I keep at it. Jimmy wrestles me for awhile, until we forget what we started wrestling about, and then we go back to sleep.

He really should try that basket. I don't think I'd see his tail in there.

"I can feel him looking at it."




1 comment: