Along Comes Frazier

We weren't looking for another cat. We were at the Theoretically Ideal Cat Number: three. And then, as it's happened so many times before, serendipity blew through and introduced a little gentleman who needed a home -- our home.

So, friends, we present Frazier. He's a noble successor to Willie, Sarah, Bill, and Muko. And a fine housemate for Smoky, Jimmy, and Lily. He's whispering about the adventure that's taking him from Rescue Kid to Prince of Relaxation. (I'm listening and transcribing.)

Hope you enjoy...


Friday, December 23, 2011

From There to Here




(Mom, start typing:)

I'd been hanging around a housing complex for as long as I could remember; someone who lived there called me "Baby" and fed me. In June 2010, after we'd known each other for 7 years or so, my feeder noticed that something was wrong with my eye and I didn't really defend myself against other cats. She called the Kitty Angels shelter and said they needed to come get me so I could be "put down."

Kitty Angels collected me and had me checked by their doctor. She saw that my left eye was damaged (I can see light and dark); she also found that I have Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, from a deep bite by an infected cat. I was healthy otherwise, and FIV+ cats can live long, happy lives without infecting others, so the Kitty Angels volunteers took me in. They all thought I was a sweet guy.

In November 2011 (yep, 2011), I was living in the Kitty Angels "adopt me" center at Petsmart. A man who was shopping for cat food noticed my cute face and read my history; he went home and told his wife about me. A few days later, she came to see me and took a picture. What's up with that?

The wife came back on December 20th to meet me face-to-face. (I guess they'd been talking about me and looking at that picture.) We hung out, and I purred. And guess what? She came back on the 22nd with a cat carrier and brought me to their house. Whoa!

So here I am... nine years old and living with three peeps and three cats. I'm pretty happy hangin' out and have a comfy sleeping spot. (It's "The Bed.") It's a good spot to watch the other cats, and two peeps sleep there at night -- warm! The wife (now known as Mom) put a couple cat toys up there, too. (I thought it was fun to "pounce" her feet while she was sleeping. She told me it is funny, but please use the toys first. It's a fair deal, and the toys are pretty good. She does let me pounce her hands when she's awake.)

And that's my story so far. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment